Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm a little shocked...

I wrote a post over at my other blog about the My Total Money Makeover web site using Adobe Flash and Flex (I neglected to mention this in my post but they also use Coldfusion). I thought this was pretty cool since I'm also a Flash/Flex/CF developer myself. I didn't really think much of it after that but I just noticed that I had a couple comments from people who I think work on Dave's team!

Thanks for the comments guys!

If by some coincidence you're still following this blog I'd love to hear a little about the apps. How about an AIR version of the budget application? You've obviously got a great team over there but if there's any interest in doing that I'd even be open to helping out if at all possible :)

UPDATE: I had another thought, a Flash Lite app to update your budget on the go would be sweet too!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Those are both great ideas!

We've been considering development of a desktop version and a "Envelope System" app to install on mobile devices.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

tt said...

Jon -
Ideally you would have an app that you could keep in sync on your desktop, the website and on your mobile device. The nice part about it is your Flex apps will port pretty easily over to the desktop if you use AIR. I'm obviously partial to Adobe so I'd use FlashLite for the mobile piece as well. The distribution model in the U.S. (at least with Verizon) is pretty awful though so I'm not sure the best way to implement the mobile app.

I like the idea of a "virtual Envelope System" for the items in your budget that you wouldn't put into a physical envelope (e.g., auto-bill pay). If you want to chat more you can email me here; tim[at]doubletmedia[dot]com