Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 4

Today is only Day 4 of our Dave Ramsey adventure and I've already broken the rules. I spent $2.54 yesterday on a bagel and coffee...

We're still struggling with putting together a budget. This part really sux because it's neither fun nor easy to do. I've used the Gazelle Budget Wizard from the MyTMMO web site which helped but I don't think my numbers are very accurate. Oh well, they say it takes a few months before you get all the wrinkles ironed out. Hopefully by the next post we'll have the budget finalized for Sept. and I can post our starting amounts for the individual debts.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Rock on! As a debt-free programmer who worked on the money tools, I'm very excited for you!

Becoming debt free is hard work, but it sure is worth it! Don't give up!

P.S. Yes, we do use Flex!

Forrest Blogs said...

I'm no programmer so I have a hard time getting excited about "flex", but I can tell you that all the programmers are walking around with a little more pep in their walk because you mentioned it on your other blog.

Good luck with the Total Money Makeover.

debtfreesteve said...

I'm starting to follow your posts, and are happy that you and the Mrs have decided to change your financial lives. We too, were about 30, now we're 33, and debt free (124,000 paid off!) Trust me, it will be worth it. On this post, Did you guys not include any type of 'blow' $? If you didn't, that would not be realistic, so I definitely wouldn't consider $2 as being off track.